Date Closed to Applications: February 17, 2012
This is professional services work of a managerial nature in managing and directing all activities of the Maine Film Office. Responsibilities include developing and implementing strategies to promote Maine as a location for film and video production, expanding opportunities and creating business-friendly environment for production industry, developing and administering a budget, and support of the Maine Film Commission. Supervision is exercised over administrative support staff. Work is performed under limited supervision.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of the film and video production industry.
• Knowledge of marketing principles, practices, and techniques.
• Knowledge of modern management principles, practices, and techniques.
• Knowledge of budgetary practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of the legislative process.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to supervise and manage the work of interns, contract workers, and volunteers.
An eight (8) year combination of education, training, and/or experience providing knowledge of the film and video production industry, as well as marketing principles and practices. Experience must include managerial and/or administrative responsibilities.
If you are interested please forward a direct hire application form available at the General Government Service Center in Augusta, all Maine Career Center Offices, and on the General Government Service Center web page at www.maine.gov/fps/opportunities. The completed application must be submitted along with a resume, cover letter by the closing date to: Julie Cotnoir, Personnel Officer, General Government Service Center, 74 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0074, Telephone (207) 624-7417.